Everyone wants to give back and feel productive. Pittsburgh Mercy helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities obtain and maintain employment in the community while earning competitive wages.
Supported Employment Program
Our experienced employment specialists provide job placement, training, and support to individuals in our Supported Employment Program. Services include:
- Job readiness
- Transition to employment
- Assistance with résumé writing
- Support in job search and obtaining employment.
- Effective communication
- Mock interviews
- Dressing for success on the job.
Job Match Services
- Ideal placement for the employee/employer
- Educating co-workers and building strong relationships
- Work in the community at a job with competitive wages.
- Train the employee to meet and exceed job duties
- Build natural supports and relationships with co-workers
- Empower the employee to succeed by enhancing skills.
- Continuous follow-up services
- Ensure employee and employer satisfaction
- Develop independence and self-sufficiency.
- Promote self-sufficiency, independence, and mobility by training the individual to use public transportation (e.g., Port Authority bus, trolley, or ACCESS).
- Try actual jobs while working under the supervision of an employment specialist
- Learn different work skills at various employers
- Assess strengths, likes, dislikes, and barriers to various jobs in the community.
For more information, please call 412-344-6400.
Page updated: August 9, 2023