Pittsburgh Mercy Mobile Medical Unit
In addition to street outreach, Operation Safety Net® offers services to several communities in Allegheny County via the Pittsburgh Mercy Mobile Medical Unit. Services are offered first come, first serve. Appointments and insurance are not necessary.
Medical conditions such as chest pain, shortness of breath, severe or uncontrolled bleeding, symptoms of stroke, and major injuries are considered medical emergencies and require the services of an emergency department. If you are having a medical emergency, please do not wait. Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
The Pittsburgh Mercy Mobile Medical Unit also serves the community through Pittsburgh Mercy Family Health Center. Additional services, locations, days, and hours vary. For more information, contact us or call 412-697-3260.
Pittsburgh Mercy Mobile Medical Unit: Homeless Services
- Basic health care assessments
- Blood pressure checks
- Care Management
- Chronic disease management and care of long-term conditions like depression, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure
- Coordination between physical and behavioral health care
- Dental care, education, and referrals
- Drug and alcohol referrals and linkages to services
- Foot care
- Skin care
- Information, referrals, and linkages to other community services
- Mental health referrals and links to services
- We also distribute food, water, clothing, socks, and personal hygiene items.
Mobile Medical Unit Locations & Hours
The Pittsburgh Mercy Mobile Medical Unit offers services to people who are experiencing homelessness. Appointments aren’t required, but are encouraged. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 412-606-0604. Below is the schedule. Services are not offered on major holidays.
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wood Street Commons
299 Boulevard of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1912
A partnership between Pittsburgh Mercy’s Operation Safety Net, Pittsburgh Mercy Family Health Center, Community Human Services, and the Residence at Wood Street Commons.
7 to 10 p.m.
The Red Door
St. Mary of Mercy Church
202 Stanwix Street at the Boulevard of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1304
9 a.m. to Noon
115 Seventh Avenue
McKeesport, PA 15132-2709
1 to 4 p.m.
700 Wood Street, First Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15221-2895
7 to 10 p.m.
Light of Life Rescue Mission
10 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212-4721