Since 1981, Bethlehem Haven, part of the Pittsburgh Mercy Family of Care™, has provided nearly 13,000 nights of shelter. The need continues to grow. Each year, the Haven provides nearly 60,000 meals; sees around 600 men and women in its health and wellness clinic; fills countless physical and emotional needs for its residents and day program attendees; and provides employment training for more than 100 men and women in the community.
Bethlehem Haven’s mission is to provide a continuum of care for women who are experiencing homelessness that leads to self-sufficiency and ends homelessness through collaboration with the community and the people we serve.
- Emergency shelter
- Permanent supportive housing
- Physical health services
- Behavioral health (mental health and addiction) services
- Life and employment skills
- Rapid re-housing
- Homelessness prevention services
- Medical respite services (a step between a hospital stay and return to the community)
- Health and wellness services.
Fifth Avenue Commons
905 Watson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-4709
1410 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-6216
Hospitality, compassion, integrity, and empowerment are the core values at the heart of Bethlehem Haven’s delivery of services to homeless women and those at-risk of homelessness.