Every Gift Helps
Whether you’d like to support a specific Pittsburgh Mercy program or an area of greatest need, every dollar of your gift helps us continue to be a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities.
Below are ways your gift can make a difference.
The areas of greatest need include:
- Free-care fund.
For more information about these and other giving opportunities, please contact us at 412-697-0730.
Pittsburgh Mercy’s Operation Safety Net®
Pittsburgh Mercy’s Operation Safety Net® provides free health care and support services to individuals who are experiencing homelessness and helps to transition them into housing.
- $35 purchases a sleeping bag for an individual who is experiencing homelessness and living on the street.
- $100 purchases food for a homeless individual who is transitioning from the street and into a home of their own.
- $100 purchases a one-month bus pass for an individual’s transportation to/from appointments with their care manager.
- $300 covers moving expenses for a person served who is moving from the street and into a home of their own.
- $400 provides a new mattress or furniture for a person served who has moved into a home of their own.
- $500 provides a hot, hearty meal for up to 130 people served at our Winter Overflow Shelter.
- $500 provides an annual arts and crafts program for individuals who live in the community and participate in our programs.
- $2,600 will transition an individual who is experiencing homelessness into housing through The Way Home program.