- This event has passed.
Pittsburgh Mercy Health Ministry Dinner & Gathering: “Health Ministry: Success in Church & Community”
November 9, 2018 at 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20 – $40
The inaugural Pittsburgh Mercy Health Ministry Dinner & Gathering, “Health Ministry: Success in Church & Community,” will be held Friday, November 9, 2018, at UPMC Mercy, Sister M. Ferdinand Clark Auditorium, Second Floor, 1400 Locust Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (Uptown). Registration begins at 5 p.m., followed by dinner and the program from 6 to 8 p.m.
The event will provide continuing education, resources, and networking opportunities to individuals who are interested in starting or enhancing health ministries in their faith communities, as well as in the general public. Attendees will consider what is working and not working within their ministries, how they can acquire needed resources and people, how they can rejuvenate an established health ministry, and what established programs can help them care for people in need within their faith communities.
The gathering is expected to draw parish and faith community nurses, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified registered nurse practitioners, health ministers, clergy, pastoral and social ministers, physicians, health and social service professionals, licensed professional counselors, health care educators, nursing students, seminarians, and others interested in promoting whole-person health.
The speakers for the event are:
- Kathy Conrad, MSN, MA, RN-BC, Faith Community Nurse, Zion Lutheran Church, Penn Hills
- Consuelo Cruz-Martinez, BA, Health Minister, with a philosophy and theology background, St. Catherine of Siena Parish, Pittsburgh (Beechview)
- Joyce Ott, DNP, CNS, SSHC, RN-BC, Faith Community Nurse, St. Francis Cabrini Parish, Aliquippa
- Kelly Rupp, BSBA, RN, Faith Community Nurse, Ingomar United Presbyterian Church, Franklin Park.
The speakers have no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose in regard to the Pittsburgh Mercy Parish Nurse & Health Ministry Program.
Upon completion of the event, participants will be able to:
- Describe ways to approach pastors, congregants, and community members in need and to serve as a resource to them.
- Identify strategies to develop, encourage, and sustain a positive health ministry team.
- Define ways the church/faith community can identify and address vital needs of those within the surrounding community.
- Explore practical examples of volunteer team recruitment to provide whole-person health and wellness.
The cost is $40 for registered nurses who wish to receive continuing education credits* and $30 for those who do not want credits. The cost for undergraduate nursing students, seminarians, religious, and clergy is $20. Dinner and free parking in UPMC Mercy’s Locust Street Parking Garage will be provided to all participants.
Overnight accommodations are available at the Martina Renewal Center, 5244 Clarwin Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15229 (West View) at a reasonable cost. For details, contact Sister Donna Smith at 412-931-9766 or http://martinacenter.com/contact-us/.
Registration is accepted by U.S. mail only. Seating capacity is limited. Early registration is encouraged. Registration ends Friday, October 26, 2018.
*The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Participants who attend the entire session and complete an evaluation form will be awarded a certificate and 1.5 CEs. UPMC and ANCC do not endorse any commercial products as a result of the CE activity.
- November 9, 2018
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- $20 – $40
- Event Categories:
- Community Event, Faith Community Events, Health & Wellness, Networking Event
- Event Tags:
- Allegheny County, CEUs, church, community, contact hours, continuing education, dinner, dinner gathering, ecumenical events, faith communities, faith community nurses, faith community nursing, FCN, FCNs, health educators, health minister, health ministry, Martina Renewal Center, nurses, parish nurses, parish nursing, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Mercy, Pittsburgh Mercy Parish Nurse & Health Ministry Program, Pittsburgh nurses, Pittsburgh social workers, RNs, spiritual health, spiritual well-being, spiritual wellness, Success in Church & Community, Uptown, whole-person health
- Pittsburgh Mercy Parish Nurse & Health Ministry Program
- View Organizer Website