- This event has passed.
NAMIWalks Your Way Keystone PA
October 9 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is proud to host NAMIWalks Your Way, the largest and most successful mental health awareness and fundraising event in the United States. Through the walk’s public, active display of support, we are changing how the community views mental illness.
NAMIWalks Your Way will be an hybrid in-person event and/or a virtual experience, taking place on Saturday, October 9, 2021 and united with NAMIWalks across the country.
- Virtual Event – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – you choose the location and the activity
- In-person Open House -12 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Monroeville Community Park West, 2399 Tilbrook Road, Monroeville, PA 15146
- Walk the Trail
- Light Refreshments
- Team Photos
- Selfie Station
- Art Corner: Make Signs of Hope and Mental Health Awareness Bracelet
NAMIWalks Your Way means putting one foot in front of the other, either actually or virtually. Participants get to use their creativity, with the main rule that we continue to advance towards our goal by leaps and bounds.
Many participants will meet at Monroeville Community Park West, but if unable, they can:
- Walk 7,000+ steps for a 5K their way
- Plan a craft day with their kids
- Hold a virtual bake-off with their team
- Practice self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
- Do a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
- Create a safe and socially distanced stroll in their neighborhood
The only limit of NAMIWalks Your Way is staying safe, healthy, and inspired. Share your ideas with us!
No matter where you participate, be sure to post pictures or video on social media. Together we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness.
- Tag us @namikeystonepa
There is no cost to register to participate in the walk. Please help build awareness and funds by joining the Pittsburgh Mercy Team or making a donation. Donating to NAMI through our team page is easy, fast, and secure.
For more information, please contact NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania at email@example.com, 412-366-3788 or Pittsburgh Mercy Team Coordinator, Stacy Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-418-4280.