I Found Me – and a Rewarding Career – at Pittsburgh Mercy
Having a rewarding career is about more than finding the perfect job. It’s about being included and feeling connected to the organization’s mission and values. It’s about finding personal satisfaction in your work. It’s about opportunities to grow and develop. It’s about knowing you’ve made a positive difference in the lives of those you serve. At Pittsburgh Mercy, you’ll find a welcoming environment, exceptional benefits, and so much more.
Who We Are
Pittsburgh Mercy is a person-centered, population-based, trauma-informed community health and wellness provider. We’re an integrated health care home and Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). We’re a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the United States. We serve in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, a religious congregation of women known for their care and service in Pittsburgh since 1843.
We’re one of the largest community-based health and human service nonprofit organizations and employers in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Our family of care employs more than 1,700 colleagues and serves more than 33,000 people annually in 60+ locations.
We serve together as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence in our communities.
What We Do
We reach out to offer help – and hope – to some of our community’s most vulnerable populations:
- People experiencing physical and behavioral health challenges, including mental illness and addiction
- People who have intellectual disabilities
- People who are experiencing homelessness, abuse, and other forms of trauma.
Learn more about what we do.
Find Your True Calling
At Pittsburgh Mercy, our most valuable assets are our people. The high quality of the services that we provide is the direct result of our caring, compassionate, and dedicated staff. We foster an environment that promotes diversity, inclusion, equity, and creativity, and inspires innovations that advance care for the persons and communities we serve.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to maintaining a safe work environment that’s free of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Current and former members of the U.S. military are welcome and encouraged to apply.
We offer an exceptional, comprehensive benefits package which allows you to grow and develop professionally and supports life-work balance.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- A generous, matched savings plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Licensure supervision
- Training, education, and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee activities
- Employee wellness opportunities
- Employee discount program
- Employee recognition program.
View Our Job Highlights
See the latest job openings at Pittsburgh Mercy.
Search Job Openings
The list of available careers at Pittsburgh Mercy is ever-changing. Full-time, part-time, clinical, and non-clinical positions are available. Examples of positions for which we hire include, but are not limited to:
- Adult outpatient therapist
- Assessment therapist
- Behavioral specialist / therapist
- Certified registered nurse practitioner
- Child & adolescent outpatient therapist
- Child & adolescent registered nurse
- Community care manager
- Community psychiatrists (adult outpatient and child & adolescent outpatient)
- Community Treatment Team (CTT) clinicians (registered nurses / service coordinators)
- Crisis clinician
- Custodian / housekeeping
- Direct support professional
- Dual disorder specialist
- Employment specialist
- Family and transition age outpatient therapist
- Housing advocate / program assistant
- Housing stabilization coordinator
- Intellectual disabilities services counselor I, counselor II, and counselor III
- Licensed therapists / clinicians / social workers
- Maintenance worker
- Medical assistant
- Mental health counselor
- Mobile therapist
- Nurse health navigator
- Prevention / intervention specialist
- Psychiatrists (adult and child & adolescent)
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Registered nurses (adult outpatient, child & adolescent outpatient, and float positions; full- and part-time positions)
- Residential care advisor (full-time and part-time positions available in long-term structured residences, supportive housing, and transition age programs)
- Residential support specialist
- Service coordinator
- Therapist (adult and child & adolescent).
Share your unique talents working for Pittsburgh’s most respected provider of health and human services. Find out more about what Pittsburgh Mercy has to offer you.
We invite you to review our current job highlights, job openings, and apply online.
Persons who are currently employed by Pittsburgh Mercy (internal applicants) and are interested in applying for other open positions, can apply through the Career worklet in Workday.
Returning External Applicants
If you are a returning external applicant, please log in to our Applicant Self-Service Center.
If you have an account but forgot your login or password, please contact us.
Psychiatrists & Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
Does the idea of working in a nurturing, supportive, community-based environment sound appealing? Find out about career opportunities for psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Complete this form.
*Denotes required fields