About Pittsburgh Mercy Behavioral Health
Approximately one in five adults in the United States has a mental health condition in a given year. Additionally, one in 25 adults experiences a serious mental health condition that limits one or more life roles and activities, such as going to work or school. The good news is: you’re not alone. Have hope. Treatment is effective. Recovery is possible. We can help.
Pittsburgh Mercy has been a trusted provider of innovative, community-based, behavioral health care services for nearly 50 years. As the region’s only Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC), we’re a leader in integrating physical and behavioral health care and in innovating services to support you in your journey to wellness. All our programs are person-centered and designed to deliver the right level of care at the right time. Each year, we help thousands of adults, children, adolescents, and seniors who have physical and behavioral health challenges.
Mental health and physical health are essential to well-being. Major life events, transitions, and trauma can affect both your mental and physical well-being. Examples of trauma include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulties at home or at school
- Incarceration (jail)
We recognize that you may be feeling sad, angry, scared, and afraid to seek help. If you’re experiencing one or more of the following, you’re not alone:
- An addiction to alcohol, pain killers, tobacco, or other drugs
- Anger management issues
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic illnesses
- Difficulties with self-care activities, such as bathing or dressing
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia
- Thought disorders
- Thoughts of suicide
- Trouble eating, sleeping, or going to work.
How We Help
We’re a safe, culturally diverse, and inclusive space – a “health care home” – for all of your treatment needs. Our compassionate and experienced team places you at the center of your care. We listen to your concerns. We honor your personal choices.
We can help you to:
- Overcome barriers
- Empower you to make healthy decisions
- Manage your symptoms and care
- Access integrated behavioral and physical health care services
- Create your personal recovery plan
- Increase your independence
- Reach your recovery goals.
Several of our programs are accredited by CARF International.