Community-based health care is changing. At Pittsburgh Mercy, we have a plan to lead that change. How?
- By making safety, service, and industry-leading clinical outcomes one of the cornerstones of our mission.
- By seeking to provide high-quality, high-value care backed by compassionate service.
- By giving our colleagues the tools, technology, and resources they need to deliver the best care possible.
- By always doing what’s right for the people we serve, our colleagues, and our communities.
Our commitment to quality honors the trust that the people and communities we serve place in us. It’s at the core of everything we do and every decision we make.
How We Achieve Excellence
Our Priorities Around Excellence
- Developing education and tools to support operational excellence.
- Redesigning care processes to optimize the experience of care.
- Establishing aggressive targets for safe and effective care.
- Engaging teams to drive and sustain improvement activities.
We recognize and value every person’s knowledge, experience, and abilities.
We establish shared goals that reflect the priorities of persons we serve.
We believe the right systems structure our work for people to be optimally efficient.
Key Measures of Excellence
In the Community
- Increase the number of days living in the community to more than 75% for every person we serve.
- Increase access to care by reducing wait times from eight days until first visit to less than five days until first visit.
In Our Facilities
- Decrease the number of medication errors from 20 per month to zero.
- Increase our service capacity from 75% to 95%.
- Increase our profit margin to 3%.
With Our Workforce
- Decrease the number of vacancy days from 72 days to less than 50 days.
- Decrease the number of employee accidents from five per month to zero.